TRAFFIC-CYCLING INSTRUCTOR MANUAL
I want to teach classes on traffic
bicyclingbut I don't wanna look like an unorganized dork!
If that sounds familiar, we have the manual you need! Designed especially
for non-teachers, the Traffic-Cycling Instructor Manual can
help you teach adult bike classes competently and professionally.
Some have called it a teaching for dummies guide:
- Features 25 modules that deliver all the important aspects of
traffic and utility bicycling, in 150 illustrated pages.
- Tells you exactly how to prepare for each lesson and what materials
- For every lesson, suggests what teaching methods (such as question-and-answer
and demonstration) might work best.
- Helps you deal with both slower students and advanced students.
- Completely modularso you can combine different modules
to create classes of any length, for the specific needs of particular
- Contains both classroom and on-bike lessons.
- Includes before and after tests to assess what students learned.
- League Cycling Instructors: Tells you how to include Smart Cycling's
need to know materials and guides you on crafting
a comprehensive road test.
SET-UP AND ADMINISTRATION SECTIONS
- Creating a class schedule
- Identifying students' needs
- Conforming to the League of American Bicyclists' Smart Cycling curriculum
- Tips and resources for teaching
- Finding and securing the right classroom and practice
- Surveying and registering students
- Setting up practice areas
- Pre- & Post-Class Test
- Parts of a Bike
- Making Sure Your Bike Fits
- Tools to Carry
- ABC Quick Check
- How to Shift Gears
- Starting & Stopping
- Looking, Scanning, & Signaling
- Emergency Moves
- Traffic Basics
- Riding in Groups
- Practice Ride
- Why & How to Wear Helmets
- How & Where to Lock
- Riding at Night
- Fixing & Stopping Flats
- Dressing for Cycling & for Work
- Equipment for Carrying Stuff
- Wet Weather
- Trail Riding
- Choosing a Bike
- Packing Clothes
- Choosing a Route
ABOUT ITS DEVELOPMENT. Written by
long-time bicycling instructor and author Mr
Bike, the Traffic-Cycling Instructor Manual resulted
from years of class experience, research into different teaching
resources, and consultation with professional instructors from across
the U.S. and Canada.
CUSTOMIZATION AVAILABLE. As an option,
well customize the Traffic-Cycling Instructor Manual
to include particular student materials or content for your areajust
as we do for our award-winning bicycling
FOR MORE INFORMATION
a PDF file showing what modules
contain, click here (size:
The Traffic-Cycling Instructor Manual
makes it easy for you to set up
and lead on-bike drills.